In our last blog post, we discussed the difference in organic search traffic and paid traffic. There are many advantages of paying for your advertisements to appear at the top of a Google search, but getting there organically has proven to be advantageous as well. Here are five techniques to improve your organic traffic online, from Single Grain:
- Improve user experience across your entire site. If your website looks untrustworthy, outdated, amateurish or is slow to load, potential users are likely to bounce back to their initial search and click on another result. You’ve lost a user and a potential conversion, and your bounce rate of affected pages is going to increase. Make your website easy to read and if you blog, make your blog posts accessible.
- Optimize for voice search. So many people use voice searching now through phones and smart speakers, so you should involve voice search in your SEO strategy. There’s a big difference in how voice search and text search are used, so make sure to optimize for voice search. Voice searches tend to be locally based as well, so keep that in mind as you plan.
- Design for mobile first. While voice search is important, the majority of searches take place on mobile. Most Americans use a smartphone, and most of those same Americans make purchases regularly on their phones. This means your website should be designed with that in mind – mobile design should be your top priority.
- Focus on topic clusters instead of keywords. Google grows and evolves just like every other form of technology, and so does Google’s algorithm. Now, its algorithm’s objective is to understand its users’ intentions. Instead of focusing on keywords, focus on topics. The way to do this is to first understand your target audience, and then organize your content into clusters that appeals to your audience.
- Write longer content (most of the time). Your blog posts don’t need to be long every single time, but the more backlinks you include, the better traffic you’ll receive. Be smarter about the length (and content!) of your blog posts to improve your organic traffic.
At Web Badger, we want to help you improve your search engine optimization as best as we can. If you’re new to WordPress, we’ll happily design the perfect website for you. We’re also committed to using up-to-date digital advertising methods to make sure people know about your business online. Finally, we’re experts in increasing business’s SEO. Contact us today to get started!