Improving SEO for any business can be tricky, but it can be especially difficult for small businesses that may not have the time, money, or other resources that larger corporations have. That being said, improving the SEO rank of your small business’s website is increasingly important; according to HubSpot, 80% of a website’s traffic begins with a search query. This is why understanding and improving your SEO is so important – especially if you own a small business.
We’re here to help you build and maintain your WordPress website at Web Badger. We offer elegant web design, full website analytics, and digital advertisement placement to get your website on the right track. Our goal is to help you learn the ins and outs of search engine optimization and use WordPress to your advantage, bringing you new levels of success in your business. Contact us today to work with us!
Now for more tips about increasing your small business’s SEO rank:
- Optimize Google My Business. This should be a focal point for any small business, and luckily it’s free and easy to update. The first step toward optimizing your Google My Business listing is claiming and verifying it: https://www.google.com/business. Make sure to choose the correct categories for your business, and create questions and answers.
- Once you’ve optimized Google My Business, work on managing local business listings and citations. This will help you control the accuracy of your local business data. Consistency is important, so make sure your business’s name, address, and phone number (NAP) are accurate. Consider signing up for a service that will distribute your NAP information to local directories and citations.
- Get links from websites in your area. Consider getting links to your site as spreading the word about your business. More talk about your business means more customers and more sales. For ideas on how to get local links, check out the article, What Is a Local Backlink & How to Find Them.
- Add schema markup. Schema markup will send search engines signals about the components of your page, like your business’s name, address, phone number, ratings, and business hours.
- Focus on getting reviews. Think about how many times you’ve looked at online reviews before you’ve made a purchase. This can improve your conversions by putting effort into getting reviews and feedback from your customers.
- Finally, create videos and images for competitive keywords. Adding this kind of content on your website will help search engines understand exactly what your business is about.
Though there’s much more you can do to improve your SEO rank, your small business’s website will receive more traffic by adhering to these tips and tricks. If you feel overwhelmed by this information, however, we would love to help. Contact Web Badger today!